President Vladimir Putin's administration maintains that no Russian military personnel have been killed in clashes with U.S.-led forces in Syria last week.
U.S. airstrikes were reported to have killed up to 200 mercenaries attempting to take over a Syrian oil refinery on Feb. 7. The Kremlin denies any official link to the fighters, and an unnamed Russian Foreign Ministry official dismissed the reports as "classic disinformation."
Read More Mercenaries Hurt in U.S. Syria Strikes Are Treated at Russian Defense Hospitals "We've already said all that we could say on this topic, we have nothing to add," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov¬† told ¬†reporters Thursday, as quoted by state-run RIA Novosti news agency.¬† ¬†
Peskov denied that Putin had ordered to classify details about Russian nationals killed or wounded in Syria.
His comments come on the heels of an Agence France Presse¬† report ¬†that 15 more Russian private security staff died in the same region of Syria on Wednesday.
INGLES: Kremlin Has 'Nothing to Add' to Syria Deaths Denial
Con Informaci√≥n de The Moscow Times
S√≠guenos en Twitter @entornoi